Who do I sue?

1 Answers. Asked on Oct 03rd, 2016 on Insurance - Connecticut
More details to this question:
Our neighbors failed to secure their canopy and it flew over a 4ft fence and damaged our car in our driveway. They rent next door and don't have renter's insurance. Repairs did not meet our deductible, and the neighbors & landlord are quite uncooperative. Do I sue my neighbor or real homeowner/landlord in small claims? I've already gotten our vehicle repaired & paid $985 out of pocket.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Oct 10th, 2016 at 8:02 AM

THe question that must be asked to determine if you have a claim is whether the neibor acted reasonably for the circumstances.  If there was no wind and no reason to expect one, they may not be resonsible.  If the opposite is true they would be responsible and you could sue them in small claims.  the ll/owner is not responsible unless you can show he knew or should have know what his tennant was doing or failed to do.

Lawrence H. Adler, Esq. Adler Law Group, LLC 860-282-8686

Report Abuse
Insurance enables people and companies to reduce the risk of suffering a catastrophic financial loss. Insurance attorneys offer a variety of services to both individuals and small businesses. For example, paying a small health insurance premium protects you in the event you are in an accident or diagnosed with a health condition that requires expensive treatment. Individual consumers may commonly purchase health insurance, automobile insurance, homeowner's insurance and/or renter's insurance. Businesses need a variety of policies to protect both their property and the company in the event of a lawsuit. Your insurance lawyer can review your existing policies and advise you on additional policies or coverage that may be necessary to protect you or your company from potential risks. Insurance law firms can also help you challenge insurance claims that have been denied in "bad faith," or in violation of the terms and conditions of the policy. And insurance lawyers can represent you if you are sued for something that is covered by an existing insurance policy.
Have an Insurance Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

311 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

223 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

183 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

107 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

75 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

69 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

64 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums