> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Insurance > Someone hit my parked car and it is totaled. There were 5 cars involved. I filed claims but denied by Geico and Hereford insurance both. What to do?

Someone hit my parked car and it is totaled. There were 5 cars involved. I filed claims but denied by Geico and Hereford insurance both. What to do?

1 Answers. Asked on Jun 28th, 2017 on Insurance - New York
More details to this question:
Accident happened on March 7, 2017 in front of 558 19st Brooklyn, NY 11218. Mercedes (Geico Driver) hit directly and totaled my car. Filed claim to Geico. Adjuster declared a total loss but my claim rejected with reason it was not their driver's fault. Then filed claim to Green Taxi driver (Hereford Ins) and they are not listening. Almost 3 months are passed. As per police report, Green taxi driver caused accident and Mercedes driver lost control and hit my car as well as other 3 cars.
Tagged as:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jun 29th, 2017 at 7:52 PM

Sue both Geico and Hereford and let them sort it out in court. If the damage is $5000 or less it's small claims court, otherwise sue them in civil court (if it's in NYC) or the local district court where you are located. 

Report Abuse
Insurance enables people and companies to reduce the risk of suffering a catastrophic financial loss. Insurance attorneys offer a variety of services to both individuals and small businesses. For example, paying a small health insurance premium protects you in the event you are in an accident or diagnosed with a health condition that requires expensive treatment. Individual consumers may commonly purchase health insurance, automobile insurance, homeowner's insurance and/or renter's insurance. Businesses need a variety of policies to protect both their property and the company in the event of a lawsuit. Your insurance lawyer can review your existing policies and advise you on additional policies or coverage that may be necessary to protect you or your company from potential risks. Insurance law firms can also help you challenge insurance claims that have been denied in "bad faith," or in violation of the terms and conditions of the policy. And insurance lawyers can represent you if you are sued for something that is covered by an existing insurance policy.
Have an Insurance Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

311 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

223 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

183 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

107 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

75 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

69 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

64 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums