> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Insurance > I am looking for a lawyer that would help me with an life insurance company that did not pay when my husband passed. The company is Garden State

I am looking for a lawyer that would help me with an life insurance company that did not pay when my husband passed. The company is Garden State

1 Answers. Asked on Dec 30th, 2016 on Insurance - Tennessee
More details to this question:
It has been a long time but everyone has told me that you can't fight an insurance company. But something inside me feels that I should still try to fight for what is owed to me and my son. My husband had a policy with Garden State and they sent him an offer in the mail to up his coverage. He signed the form and a new policy was sent. The premiums were always paid on time, but the insurance company said because he died within two years after uping his insurance amount that they were not liable to pay.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Dec 31st, 2016 at 5:09 AM

When did he die and what was the cause of his death? 




If you would like to contact me personally by either phone or email, you may do so as follows: Patrick Johnson, Johnson, Scruggs & Barfield, 95 White Bridge Road, S. 508, Nashville, Tennessee, 37205, email:; Cell: 615-646-9417; Office: 615-352-8326

Report Abuse
Insurance enables people and companies to reduce the risk of suffering a catastrophic financial loss. Insurance attorneys offer a variety of services to both individuals and small businesses. For example, paying a small health insurance premium protects you in the event you are in an accident or diagnosed with a health condition that requires expensive treatment. Individual consumers may commonly purchase health insurance, automobile insurance, homeowner's insurance and/or renter's insurance. Businesses need a variety of policies to protect both their property and the company in the event of a lawsuit. Your insurance lawyer can review your existing policies and advise you on additional policies or coverage that may be necessary to protect you or your company from potential risks. Insurance law firms can also help you challenge insurance claims that have been denied in "bad faith," or in violation of the terms and conditions of the policy. And insurance lawyers can represent you if you are sued for something that is covered by an existing insurance policy.
Have an Insurance Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

311 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

223 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

183 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

107 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

75 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

69 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

64 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums