> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Insurance > I am listed on my moms home owners policy as the additional insured to her home but that is not being honored by the Ins. co.

I am listed on my moms home owners policy as the additional insured to her home but that is not being honored by the Ins. co.

1 Answers. Asked on Mar 31st, 2017 on Insurance - Florida
More details to this question:
My mothers Homeowners policy for her mobile home list me as the Additional Insured as she requested. There is no land involved only the home which was left to me. There was water damage from the pipes in the shower causing a lot of damage that needed repairs. She did not want to live through a construction zone due to age related health reasons so I filed the claim after she passed. The Ins. Co. Paid the claim but made the check for repairs out to the Estate Of which my mother has no estate. If I am the one doing all the repairs and on the policy as an Additional Insured, and owner, why can the check not be maid out to me so I don't have to pay an attorney to set up an Estate for this one check?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Apr 01st, 2017 at 10:08 AM

Likely because you are an inusred as to liability. You have no ownership interest in the property until its titled in your name. 

All responses are NOT to be considered legal advice nor to be relied upon in any as such nor to establish any form of attorney/client relationship. Opinions expressed are solely informational and not a substitute for proper legal advice provided by a properly retained after thoroughly researching the issues presented.

Report Abuse
Insurance enables people and companies to reduce the risk of suffering a catastrophic financial loss. Insurance attorneys offer a variety of services to both individuals and small businesses. For example, paying a small health insurance premium protects you in the event you are in an accident or diagnosed with a health condition that requires expensive treatment. Individual consumers may commonly purchase health insurance, automobile insurance, homeowner's insurance and/or renter's insurance. Businesses need a variety of policies to protect both their property and the company in the event of a lawsuit. Your insurance lawyer can review your existing policies and advise you on additional policies or coverage that may be necessary to protect you or your company from potential risks. Insurance law firms can also help you challenge insurance claims that have been denied in "bad faith," or in violation of the terms and conditions of the policy. And insurance lawyers can represent you if you are sued for something that is covered by an existing insurance policy.
Have an Insurance Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

326 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

242 Answers, 45 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

177 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

99 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

97 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

87 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

67 Answers, 24 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums