> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Insurance > How long do I have to file an Insurance Claim in the state of ct

How long do I have to file an Insurance Claim in the state of ct

1 Answers. Asked on Nov 18th, 2014 on Insurance - Connecticut
More details to this question:
I had a delivery truck, tear off my service wires to my home, overhang and facia was destroyed. They gave it to there insurance co which was Hanover , I didn't get the claim in until late sept 20114 date of loss was 05/07/14 and the agent stated by phone voice mail that she had sent me a letter stating they closed the claim for lack of response, I disagree with her comments about closing the claim do I have a legal presidence for them to honor my claim in the state of ct
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Nov 24th, 2014 at 2:51 PM

It doesn't matter if they closed the file.  You can bring a claim and sue for 2 years after the incident.  Tell them to open the claim.  If they don't you can sue.  Depending on the amount of the damage, small claims would be good up to $5000.  If your call doesn't work have a lawyer send them a demand.

Lawrence H. Adler, Esq. Adler Law Group, LLC 860-282-8686

Report Abuse
Insurance enables people and companies to reduce the risk of suffering a catastrophic financial loss. Insurance attorneys offer a variety of services to both individuals and small businesses. For example, paying a small health insurance premium protects you in the event you are in an accident or diagnosed with a health condition that requires expensive treatment. Individual consumers may commonly purchase health insurance, automobile insurance, homeowner's insurance and/or renter's insurance. Businesses need a variety of policies to protect both their property and the company in the event of a lawsuit. Your insurance lawyer can review your existing policies and advise you on additional policies or coverage that may be necessary to protect you or your company from potential risks. Insurance law firms can also help you challenge insurance claims that have been denied in "bad faith," or in violation of the terms and conditions of the policy. And insurance lawyers can represent you if you are sued for something that is covered by an existing insurance policy.
Have an Insurance Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

311 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

223 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

183 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

107 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

75 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

69 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

64 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums