> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Insurance > I need an Lawyer but I do not know the area od practice I should be looking for.

I need an Lawyer but I do not know the area od practice I should be looking for.

1 Answers. Asked on Feb 19th, 2013 on Insurance - New York
More details to this question:
I am 62 years of age and decided to cash out my 401 to do some repairs around the house and pay some debt I had. I contacted my employer and asked for disbursement. I filed the required forms and I was told I would receive a check in a couple of days. Two days later I received a check and I cashed it. This was a month or so ago. I received a phone call from the carrier and was informed the check was pulled on the wrong account and I needed to return the money immediately. I stated I wanted something in writing before I would even consider this problem. If this is real I have a problem as I have spent some of the money and do not have funds to replace it. I do not want the money if it is not rightfully mine but it appears that I might have a major debt to repay and it was not by my own doing. This could be devastation to our home and finances. What course of action do I have and what type of Lawyer should I be contacting? I need an lawyer to help me get through this. Thank you
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Thatcher Alden Stone at Thatcher A. Stone, Esquire
Licenced in NY
Answered on Mar 07th, 2013 at 1:28 AM

I am a commercial and financial trial lawyer and advisor. Call me for a free consultation.

Report Abuse
Insurance enables people and companies to reduce the risk of suffering a catastrophic financial loss. Insurance attorneys offer a variety of services to both individuals and small businesses. For example, paying a small health insurance premium protects you in the event you are in an accident or diagnosed with a health condition that requires expensive treatment. Individual consumers may commonly purchase health insurance, automobile insurance, homeowner's insurance and/or renter's insurance. Businesses need a variety of policies to protect both their property and the company in the event of a lawsuit. Your insurance lawyer can review your existing policies and advise you on additional policies or coverage that may be necessary to protect you or your company from potential risks. Insurance law firms can also help you challenge insurance claims that have been denied in "bad faith," or in violation of the terms and conditions of the policy. And insurance lawyers can represent you if you are sued for something that is covered by an existing insurance policy.
Have an Insurance Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

313 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

238 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

149 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

124 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

100 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

94 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

92 Answers, 31 Legal Topics

Insurance Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Law Office of Scott Niebling

Portland, OR

| Contact Now

Paul Dodson Attorney at Law

Corpus Christi, TX

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums